Iran & US alliance compared
Decent folks around the world must stop the looming US-Israeli war on Iran. US, Apartheid Israel, NATO-US Alliance countries and Australia are becoming increasingly shrill in their threats of war against remote and peaceful Iran as well as against Syria which was a haven for religious tolerance and for Muslim and Christian refugees. In view of the flood of anti-Iranian and pro-war propaganda from the West it is timely to take a reality check and consider some facts on Iran as compared to the US, Israel, NATO and Australia that are by and large not reported by Western Mainstream media.
1. Iran is a signatory to the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty (the NPT)
The US is a signatory to the NPT but has grossly violated the NPT in permitting nuclear supplies to reach Israel. Apartheid Israel is not a signatory to the NPT but through nuclear terrorism grossly violates the intent of the widely-supported NPT. Canada and European NATO countries are signatories to the NPT but flout its intent by being accessories to US nuclear terrorism by hosting US nuclear-armed warships and US missile-related systems. In particular France is an NPT signatory, is party to US and UK nuclear terrorism and is itself a nuclear terrorist country. Pro-US and pro-Zionist Australia is signatory to the NPT but supplies uranium to NPT-violating nuclear terrorist states and is intimately linked to US nuclear terrorism.
2. Iran does not want or have nuclear weapons
The US has up to 8,500 nuclear weapons, Israel 200, the UK 225 and France 300. Australia is a major uranium supplier to Western nuclear terrorist states and intimately involved in land-, sea- and air-based US nuclear terrorism, notably through hosting US nuclear terrorism-related communications bases and giving port facilities to nuclear-armed US warships.
3. Iran wants a nuclear weapons-free Middle East and has repeatedly voted for this proposition
The US and Israel oppose a nuclear weapons-free Middle East both diplomatically and in obscene nuclear terrorist reality. Politically correct rhetoric aside, the NATO countries and pro-Zionist US lackey Australia slavishly supports the US and Israel position.
4. Iran is not developing a nuclear weapons capability according to US intelligence officials and has conducted no nuclear tests
The US has conducted 1,054 nuclear weapons tests, France 210 tests; and the UK 45. Israel is believed to have achieved nuclear weapons capability in about 1967 with the help of US Alliance countries and to have conducted nuclear weapons testing in conjunction with Apartheid South Africa in the so-called Vela incident of 1979.
5. Iran has not invaded or occupied any country for centuries but conversely has been subject to repeated Western invasion (Portuguese invasion in the Gulf region in the 18th century; Russian invasion and partial dismemberment in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, Anglo-Russian occupation in WW2), the devastating US-backed Iraqi attack in the Iraq-Iran war (1.5 million Iranians killed, 1980-1988 excess mortality from deprivation 2.1 million) and relentless Western subversion (notably the 1953 sanctions-assisted coup that installed the US-backed Shah).
The US has invaded over 30 countries since 1945 and subverted every country in the world. (See William Blum’s “Rogue State” and Gideon Polya’s “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”). 1950-2005 avoidable deaths from deprivation n countries occupied by the US in the post-1945 era total 82 million and the corresponding figures for countries occupied by other US Alliance countries are 2 million (Australia), 36 million (Belgium), 1.8 million (Ethiopia), 142 million (France), 24 million (Israel), 72 million (Netherlands), 23 million (Portugal), 0.7 million (Apartheid South Africa), 9 million (Spain), and 727 million (countries occupied by the UK). Israel has invaded 10 other countries. Pro-Zionist and pro-US Australia has helped the US invade 7 Asian countries since 1950 and before that was a lackey of British imperialism (Google “Australia’s Secret Genocide History”).
6. Iran is a world leader in the fight against opiate drugs from US-occupied Afghanistan, 4,000 of its solders and police dying in the process, and has been singled out for praise in this regard by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.
1 million people have died globally due to the Neocon American- and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-backed invasion of Afghanistan and the US Alliance (including NATO and Australia) restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from 6% of world share in 2001 to over 90% today, this carnage including 200,000 Americans, 18,000 British and 3,600 Australians. Israel heads the global Ecstasy trade. The neofascist, corporatist, Zionist or pro-Zionist neocons running the US have killed 200,000 of their fellow Americans through the Afghan War, 200,000 American lives that would have been saved if Iranian and other anti-drug efforts had been allowed to be successful (for details Google “Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide” ).
7. Iran is a democracy but with theocratic hegemony that over-rules democratic secular interests
The US, UK, Canada, EU countries and Australia are “democratic fascist”, neo-fascist, corporatist Murdochracies (in which Big Money buys public perception of realities and hence votes) and neofascist, corporatist Lobbyocracies (in which Big Money buys politicians, parties, policies and votes). Race-based, genocide-based Apartheid Israel is a kleptocracy and a race-based technocracy that practices democracy by genocide - 85% of Palestinians are forbidden from ever voting for the government ruling all of former Mandated Palestine; 50% of Palestinians are forbidden to even live in their own country; of 12 million Palestinians only adults of 1.5 million Palestinian Israelis are permitted to vote for the government ruling all of Palestine plus an ethnically-cleansed slab of Syria, albeit as Third Class citizens under Nazi-style race laws; Hamas which won 76 out of 132 seats in the 2006 Occupied Palestine elections held under Zionist Occupier guns was conveniently declared to be a terrorist organization by Israel and the pro-Zionist US Alliance and its MPs variously killed, imprisoned or forced to flee to the Gaza Concentration Camp where an Israel attempt to capture them in 2008-2009 resulted in 1,400 Palestinians killed and 5,000 wounded; 1.6 million Occupied Palestinians (half of them children) are indefinitely and highly abusively imprisoned in what the Catholic Church has described as Israel’s Gaza Concentration Camp; and 4.3 million Occupied Palestinians abusively imprisoned in ever-dwindling West Bank mini-Bantustans in conditions that heroes in the fight against Israel-backed Apartheid in South Africa have described as “worse than Apartheid” (Google “Palestinian Genocide” and “Boycott Apartheid Israel”).
8. Iran is a major fossil fuel exporter but in terms of domestic carbon burning has a negative Net Carbon Debt i.e. it is a Carbon Creditor country with a positive Carbon Credit that permits it to pollute the one common atmosphere of the World with an estimated 5,429 millions of tones of carbon dioxide (CO2) until global zero emissions in about 2050 (at $100 per tone of CO2, this corresponds to a Carbon Credit or Climate Credit of $0.5 trillion). Iran is among the leading Carbon Creditor (Climate Creditor) countries as shown here (millions of tones of CO2 credit in brackets):
Iraq (2,295), Afghanistan (2,313), Morocco (2,317), Uganda (2,355), Algeria (2,595), Kenya (2,760), Argentina (2,868), Tanzania (3008), Colombia (3,310), Myanmar (3,456), South Korea 3,473), South Africa (3,616), Congo, Democratic Republic (formerly Zaire) (4,844), Thailand (4,970), Turkey (5,270), Iran (5,429), Egypt (5,811), Ethiopia (5,865), Vietnam (6,137), Philippines (6,721), Mexico (8,028), Bangladesh (10,173), Nigeria (11,617), Pakistan (12,737), Brazil (13,753), Indonesia (16,989), China (85,558), and India (94,971) (see “Analysis by country of carbon burning-based Carbon Debt and Climate Credit” Green Blog, 25 January 2012). Ignoring the substantial carbon emissions associated with the overall nuclear cycle in the context of a carbon economy Iran’s nuclear energy program is set to decrease its carbon footprint.
The US Alliance countries together with Japan and all other European countries - with the possible exception of Israel and New Zealand - all have a huge Carbon Debt (Climate Debt) as summarized here (Carbon Debt or Climate Debt in millions of tones of CO2 in brackets) :
United States (72,244), Germany (16,765), United Kingdom (16,277), Russia (14,392), France (3,763), Australia (3,631), Japan (3,069), Italy (3,515), Spain (2,671), Ukraine (2,643), Canada (2,617), Poland (2,204), Romania (1,241), Netherlands (967), Belgium (627), Greece (624), Czech Republic (611), Portugal (611), Hungary (578), Belarus (548), Sweden (548), Austria (487), Switzerland (455), Bulgaria (426), Serbia (412), Denmark (323), Slovakia (315), Finland (313), Norway (289), Ireland (265), Croatia (248), Macedonia (241), Bosnia & Herzegovina (222), Moldova (206), Lithuania (186), Albania (164), Latvia (128), Macedonia (119), Slovenia (119), Estonia (78), Cyprus (46), Montenegro (36), Luxembourg (30), Malta (24), and Iceland (18). Apartheid Israel and New Zealand are arguably Carbon Creditors according to these calculations if included among the non-European countries but if included with the European countries (their post-1750 era Historical Carbon Debt being that of the countries spawning the European colonizers of Palestine and New Zealand), then Apartheid Israel and New Zealand have Carbon Debts of 452 million tones and 257 million tones, respectively. The remorseless expansion of fossil fuel burning by US Alliance countries and Apartheid Israel threaten the world with a climate genocide that is set to kill 10 billion non-Europeans this century and already contributes to the avoidable deaths of 18 million Third World people each year (Google “Climate Genocide”).
9. Iran has the death penalty as have many other countries and a matter of particular concern to humanists is the application of the death penalty for offences such as adultery which are not even offences in Western countries. This is an area where civilized relations and civilized dialogue between Iranians and other peoples would people the movement toward modernity in Iran (for discussion see “Inside Muslim Minds” by Professor Riaz Hassan). The continual US-Israeli threat of conventional or nuclear annihilation of Iran does not assist such sensible, humanitarian dialogue. Fortunately the number of such judicial murders is very low. Thus about 180 people were executed in Iran in 2010, the overwhelming majority being for murder, aggravated rape, large scale drug trafficking, treason, and armed robbery.
The US also has the death penalty with about 20 such executions scheduled for 2012. However each year 30,000 Americans die from guns, 20,000 American under-5 infants die avoidably from lack of medical care, 20,000 Americans die from lack of medical insurance, 20,000 Americans die from opiate drug-related causes linked to US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry, 43,000 Americans are killed by motor vehicles, 75,000 Americans die alcohol-related deaths, 443,000 Americans die from smoking-related causes (roughly 1 in 5 of all deaths and 49,000 or about 10% from passive smoking), 30,000 Americans commit suicide (20% being US veterans) and 300,000 Americans die from obesity-related causes i.e. 981,000 or roughly 1 million Americans die from preventable causes each year in the richest country on Earth. This carnage mirrors that in other US Alliance countries except that these other European countries typically have better public health access and limit access to guns. The neofascist, corporatist, neocon, pro-Zionist and Zionist American Establishment is effectively killing 1 million Americans each year, carnage that dwarfs the3,000 killed on 9-11 , an atrocity that almost certainly involved the US Government with likely Israeli complicity (Google “US did 9-11”). Apartheid Israel passively murders about 3,000 under-05 year old Occupied Palestinian infants each year and all annual Occupied Palestinians avoidable deaths total 6,000 with about 600 being killed violently by Israelis. In Australia White Australian avoidable mortality is very low but each year 9,000 Indigenous Australians die avoidably from deprivation out of an Indigenous population of 0.5 million, an annual avoidable death rate of 1.8% that is roughly twice that in sub-Saharan African (0.97%).
10. Iran has a vastly better human rights record than that of the countries of the US Alliance
Fundamental human rights include the right to life, the right to live in your own country and the right to religious freedom. Iran’s human rights record is flawed by political persecution but unlike the US Alliance countries Iran has not invaded, occupied an devastated any other countries or driven populations from their countries (see below). Avoidable mortality is a fundamental parameter for assessing the success or otherwise of social policies and for a country is defined as the difference between actual death sin a country and deaths expected for a peaceful, decently-run country with the same demographics. Avoidable mortality parallels under-5 infant mortality and for impoverished Developing countries annual avoidable deaths from deprivation is about 1.4 times the under-5 infant deaths. In Iran there are about 84,000 avoidable deaths each year from deprivation (avoidable death rate 0.13%) and 54,000 under-5 infant deaths each year (2003 data) in a population of 69 million (2003). Given the war, sanctions and threats of annihilation against Iran, its performance in the area of avoidable mortality and infant mortality is considerable. Under-5 infant deaths in US-occupied Afghanistan now total 237,000 annually in a population of 28.2 million (Google UNICEF). Iran hosts hundreds of thousands of refugees from US-imposed violence and destruction. .
The domestic, metropolitan US avoidable death rate and infant mortality rate are very low but these parameters are very high in US Alliance-occupied countries. Thus Indigenous violent deaths plus non-violent avoidable deaths from war-imposed deprivation now total 12 million for the neocon- and Zionist-backed, post-1990 US War on Muslims, the breakdown being 03 million (Occupied Palestine, 1967-2012), 4.6 million (Iraq, 1990-2011), 2.2 million (Somalia, 1992-2012) and 5.6 million (Afghanistan, 2001-2012), noting that under-5 infant deaths in these war zones in these periods now total 0.2 million, 2.0 million, 1.3 million and 2.9 million, respectively, 90% avoidable and due to US Alliance war crimes in gross violation of the Geneva Convention in relation to civilians. The war criminal, racist and genocidal US Alliance has generated refugees totaling 7 million (Palestine), 5-6 million (Iraq), 2.0 million (Somalia), 3-4 million (Afghanistan), 1.3 million (Libya) and 2.5 million (NW Pakistan).
Decent people around the world must oppose the remorseless Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist push for war on peaceful, remote Iran. What can people do? Decent people everywhere – and especially decent folk in US Alliance countries - must (a) inform everyone they can about the above disparities and (b) impose sanctions and boycotts against all avoidable goods and services from Apartheid Israel and US Alliance countries involved in the worsening Muslim Genocide. The World must tell the Zionists and pro-Zionist Anglo-American neocons that we will not tolerate any more of their obscene, genocidal wars.
Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Families wait for answers to missing EgyptAir plane
- Dozens injured as protesters storm Baghdad's Green Zone
- NATO chief: No plans for combat troops in Libya
- Nigeria's Buhari meets freed Chibok girl Amina
- Paris attacks suspect refuses to speak at hearing
- Iraqis mourn protesters shot dead in Baghdad Green Zone
- NATO chief: No plans for combat troops in Libya
- Lebanon braced for fallout of US law on Hezbollah
- Facebook's CEO meets US conservatives on reported bias
- US study declares genetically engineered foods safe
- Turkey and US bomb ISIL positions inside Syria
- Iran arrests female models for posing without hijabs